I am just going to come out and honestly say that fish is my least favorite protein. I have to actually make a conscious effort to remember to cook some and even then I can only tolerate a few types of fish. My husband on the other hand could live on fish. Once when he wanted to lose some weight, he asked me to make him fish and vegetables every day for about a month. No kidding.
When I do prepare a fish dish I try to make it taste as little like fish as possible so I still feel like I’m eating chicken. You know how it seems that everything tastes like chicken, you ask someone what alligator or rabbit tastes like and they tell you..like chicken, as if that would make you want to try it.
Fish has a lot of health benefits and this is what I remind myself to make sure I get a few servings in a week. Fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2. It is also rich in calcium and phosphorus and a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, potassium and of course Protein. Usually my go to fish is Salmon or Mahi Mahi and sometimes Snapper but today I decided to give Grouper a try and I have to tell you I loved this recipe if I do say so myself 🙂 Oh and if possible try to get wild-caught fish instead of farm raised and please please stay away from Tilapia, it is cheap for a reason!
Steel-Cut Oats Crusted Baked Grouper Recipe
2 Medium Sized Wild- Caught Grouper Fillets
1 Cup Steel-Cut Oats
2 Teaspoons Paprika
2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Dried Cilantro
Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
2 Teaspoons Ghee or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Add all the seasonings including Salt and Pepper to the Oats and mix well
- Rub the Ghee or Olive Oil all over the fillets and season with salt.
- Place the fillets one at a time into the Oat mixture and make sure both sides are coated.
- Place both fillets onto a baking pan lined with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the crust starts to brown.
- Serve immediately.
Hope you love it!