This recipe combines two of my loves: Goat Cheese and Sun-dried tomatoes. I love, love, love goat cheese and I have the same amount of love for sun-dried tomatoes. I’m a cheese lover in general but I don’t feel half as guilty when that cheese is goat cheese since it is lower in calories and healthier. I don’t really like raw tomatoes but I am seriously in love with the sun-dried variety.
I made this recipe for lunch for my hubby today and he loved it so much that I just had to share it with you guys. It is simple to make and is ready for consumption in abut 30 minutes depending on the size of your breast…chicken breast that is. I learned the hard way because I had two breasts of different sizes and of course the smaller of the two cooked in 20 mins while the larger one took almost 45 minutes to fully cook. Lesson learned- smaller breasts are better when trying to whip up a quick lunch!
Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
2 Medium sized chicken breasts- preferably Organic
1 Jar Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 Cup Fresh Baby Spinach
1 Tube Chavrie Goat Cheese- sold in the grocery store with the other fancy cheeses, usually at the front of the store near the produce section.
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut a pocket into both chicken breasts. It should be large enough to fit the stuffing but be careful not to pierce through the skin at the top.
- Combine all the ingredients from the Olive Oil downwards in a bowl and pour over the chicken ensuring that they are fully covered with the seasonings.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and stuff the pocket with a layer of sun-dried tomatoes, then the cheese and then the spinach.
- Close the pocket and seal using toothpicks.
- Heat some Olive Oil in an oven-safe skillet and sear the chicken breasts for about 2 mins per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
I served mine with some pan seared mushrooms and Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes as pictured.
Hope you enjoy this dish! Oh and remember to remove the toothpicks before serving 🙂