Today is an amazing day for me. I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Quirky Kay and I want to start out first by saying thank you so so much for this nomination. It really means a lot to me and I really wasn’t expecting it. Please check out her awesome blog and follow!
The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers who are creative, optimistic and inspiring and this for me just proves that you just don’t know what tomorrow will bring and you have to keep following your dreams no matter how hard or discouraging the path to those dreams may be. Just yesterday, I was driving home from work completely discouraged because it seemed pointless to keep moving forward with my blog. I barely have any followers I thought to myself and it’s a constant struggle to get people to even click on the link and read it. As I continued my forty-five minute commute home, I tried to convince myself that I shouldn’t give up and to continue to remain optimistic because I know that if I can just manage to reach my target audience, they will find my blogs motivational, helpful and inspiring. So, waking up this morning to find out I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Quirky Kay has further given me the boost of confidence and reinforcement I needed.
Now to the important stuff 🙂
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to your blog.
- Answer the 11 Questions The Blogger asked to your blog.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or on your blog.
Responses to the eleven questions asked of me by Quirky Kay are as follows:
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Funny, Methodical, Fashion-Forward
- What’s the funniest pick up line you have heard or used? Can I borrow your phone number, I seem to have misplaced mine (a guy seriously said these words to me)
- What movie sums up your life best? Sex and the City, the 1st movie, Carrie Bradshaw and I are the same person lol.
- ‘Rules are made to be broken’ True or false, explain your reasoning. Depends on what the rule is, I prefer to say that some rules are meant to be worked around on a case by case basis:-)
- What’s the strangest thing that you have seen in someone else’s home? Roosters everywhere: cushions with roosters, blankets with roosters, rooster figurines, towels with roosters, rugs with roosters and the strangest thing of all, stuffed roosters, freaked the heck out of me.
- If you were a chocolate what would you be and why? This is a hard question because I’m not really a chocolate person, but I would say maybe a Snickers bar because it has many layers and therefore one of the more interesting chocolate bars.
- What’s the funniest rumor you’ve heard about yourself? I went to Paris on vacation a couple years ago and somehow the rumor started at work that I was moving there and not coming back and my boss called me frantically wanting to find out if this was true— I wish, was my answer to him lol.
- What is the best underhanded compliment you’ve received? You look good for having just given birth to a baby 😐
- What is the song you hate the most but can’t get the theme tune out of your head? Barbie Girl by Aqua— great now its in my head again 🙁
- What’s your signature dish ? Chicken Marsala with Penne A la Vodka–yummy.
- Do UFO’s exist? Yes. I believe the universe is too vast for humans to be the only intelligent species in existence and we travel to space to check out what’s there so it stands to reason other lifeforms pay us visits as well.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
- Lobo Universe
- The Non-Alcoholic Student
- The Britchy One
- Struggling Human 101
These are blogs that I personally have found to be (in no particular order) funny, informational, inspirational and light-hearted and greatly enjoyed reading.
Eleven Questions for the Nominees are as follows:
- What in your life are you the most proud of accomplishing?
- If you could live in a country other than where you do now, where would that be and why?
- What is a food or drink that you simply cannot live without?
- If you were transformed into a tree, which one would you hope it would be and why?
- How many pairs of shoes are in your closet right now?
- If you happened upon a magic bottle with a genie inside, what three things would you wish for?
- If you could go back five years, what is one thing you would do over?
- What is your favorite color and why?
- What song makes you happy no matter how you were feeling before you heard it?
- If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve ever traveled to?
Happy Friday Everyone!